Pages

12/03/2015

Current book envies


Hardbacks/coffee table books

Love Tanya by Tanya Burr : Being a huge fan of the vlogger herself, it's surprinsing I still haven't bought a copy of her book. From what I saw, it seems like a very entertaing coffee table book, featuring beautiful pictures, great recipes, fashion/beauty tips... On top of that, I would love to know a bit more about the beauty guru's life (creepy ? Sorry...).

Glam Guide by Fleur de force : Another beauty guru-y book, Fleur owns one of my favourites youtube channel of all times (FleurdeForce) and buying her work feels evident.

Pretty Honest by Sali Hughes : The « beauty bible » everyone is talking about at the moment (well...a few weeks ago). As usual, I'm late to the party but I did download an extract from this book on my kindle, and absolutely loved it! One day I swear I'll get my hands on the (entire) hardback version of this beauty tips goldmine.

Makeup Manual by Bobbi Brown : Even though I have never tried Bobbi Brown Cosmetics before (can't find them in France), I've heard so many mouth watering (or eye-watering, really, since I can't get my hands on them) things about the line. The book seems pretty good as well, in the same lines as « pretty honest » but with many more illustrations.

How to be a parisian, wherever you are by Caroline de Maigret, Anne Berest, Sophie Mas and Audrey Diwan : Yes I'm french. No I'm not from Paris, No I don't have class in my genes and Yes I could use some help in the fashion department, that's when this book would come in handy. Plus, isn't the cover illustration gorgeous ?

Novels

Yes please by Amy Poelher : Button bookshelf. Sold me. Neeeeeed this book !

Wild by Cheryl Strayed : OK. Button bookshelf again, but don't blame me, Essie is amazing (if you don't know who I'm talking about, click right here and get stuck in front of her videos for a few hours, you're welcome)! The theme of this book seems quite unique and reflexion-worthy. I promised myself I'd read it before watching the film.

Gone girl  by  Gillian Flynn: I've seen mixed reviews on this novel. But again, I refuse to watch the film before giving this thriller a read.

Et Voilà ! These are a few of my current book-envies (I have sooo many others but I don't want to bore you with them).
Hopefully this list will have given you some reading ideas and tell me, what's on your reading list?

See you soon,

Maddy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

DESIGN BY SWEET ELECTRIC